The CUTC gear locker is an excellent resource exclusive to tramping club members. For a small hire fee and deposit, you can hire most of the gear you’ll need to get going. Just come and see the friendly gear locker officers during the times mentioned below, or if you really can’t make those times, a meeting time can be arranged.
Remember the Gear Guys like tramping too and will not be impressed if you want gear on a Friday night.
Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on ours.
If you don’t have the full deposit and hire fee you won’t get a sock out of us!
Not sure what you need? Check out the New to tramping? page, there’s some info there on the gear you might need for a day or overnight trip.
- The gear locker will be open Tuesday and Thursday at 5:30pm. This time may change between terms and during the term break.
- The locker will be fully closed between December 22th and January 6th. The last time to get gear from the locker will be 6pm Friday December 21st. If you are wanting to hire gear for only part of this period get in touch and we’ll see what we can do. Regular gear hours will resume as of January the 8th.
- If all else fails, arrange a time by emailing the gear locker officers.
- We will stay for as long as people want gear, but if nobody is there at the designated times we will just leave.
- These hours last updated 12th of December 2018 1:46pm.
Gear Locker Policy
- A deposit (cash or cheque) of a set amount is required before gear will be hired to anyone.
- Gear is to be returned the week following the weekend on which it was used. (unless by arrangement with locker officers) or another hire fee will be deducted from the deposit.
- If gear is not returned within 2 weeks, and the gear locker officers have not been contacted, the deposit will be banked.
- Gear cannot be to be hired to non-club members. The gear locker officer has the right to request ID before issuing gear. We will be asking for your membership card, with your name on it, so have it handy.
- All gear must be returned clean and dry, and any damage/problems must be reported to the gear locker officer.
- Refunds if any are at the complete discretion of the gear officers and will not in general be issued on the basis that you did not use the gear you hired for any reason. We are not responsible for the weather or poor planning.