The Canterbury University Tramping club has been helping like-minded people since the 1930s, back when it was easier to catch a train into the hills than it was to drive a car.
Things have changed a bit since then, but our goals of getting people into the outdoors remain the same!
If you want to join the club it costs $20, and lasts until the start of the next university year (mid-February).
Membership benefits include:
- Getting our ‘CUTC Weekly’ emails with the latest trips and news
- Being able to attend our (often-subsidised) club-organised trips, including Freshers, Bushcraft & Bush Ball
- Getting access to our gear locker, offering good quality gear at cheap hire prices
- Getting discounts at outdoors stores, including:
- Macpac (30% off Macpac-branded products)
- Bivouac Outdoor (20% off at Tower Junction store)
- Cactus Outdoor (10% off)
- Subsidised training opportunities (talk to the committee to learn more)