The club runs a few big trips per term, but there’s almost always something happening every weekend (unless the weather is terrible).
If there isn’t something on, you can always lead a trip yourself!
- Carrington Hut with a dash of conservation work.[Sat 22 Sep 2018] This is an overnight trip to Carrington Hut about 4-6 hours mostly flat walk up...
- West Coast Gold Fossicking[Sat 29 Sep 2018] Feeling Lucky? Come for a trip to Ross on the West Coast for some gold panning ...
- Carrington Hut with a dash of conservation work. Pt 2[Sat 6 Oct 2018] As a part of the trip with the same name above we will be retrieving the sensors...
- Day Trip to Somewhere[Sat 13 Oct 2018] Planning on running a day trip somewhere in Canterbury. More details closer to...
Key Club Trips
The club usually runs a variety of official club trips across the year. These include:
- Freshers: Our first big tramp of the year! Location varies, and we usually try and pick a destination that has both easy, medium and hard routes to get to
- Cocktail party: Involves tramping somewhere and cocktails… what more could you want?
- Re-Freshers: Like Freshers, but at the start of semester 2. Usually to the Otehake hot pools on the West Coast.
- Bush ball: Tramping into the middle of nowhere, with costumes, music and drinks. Usually happens sometime in semester 2.
- Snowcraft: Learn the basics of tramping in winter! This includes how to walk in snow, how to use ice axe and crampons, and how to avoid getting yourself and others into trouble. This is a weekend course, that includes a night camping in the snow or sleeping in your own snow cave if weather allows! All the technical gear will be provided, but you will need to have all our personal winter tramping gear.
- Bushcraft: Learn some bush skills, including navigation, which way to pitch your tent, trip planning and more.
- TWALK: Our slightly crazy 24-hour event in a mystery location. Been running for over 50 years! See the TWALK website for more info.
We also sometimes run social trips (that don’t necessarily involve walking), watch this space!